Update on the return of Club nights
Dear fellow running club members,
We thank you for your patience during this time and for your engagement with the virtual challenges set by our club captain, Matt Palmer. It has been warming to see the community of the club continue despite not being together.
I am sure you have been eagerly awaiting news on when club nights will return. The committee have spent time considering our options since UK Athletics announced the rules that needed to be abided by to ensure the safety of its members.
We feel that we are now in a position to offer one night of PRC-organised efforts. It will look and feel different to our normal nights but by abiding by these rules we can bring small numbers of us together again.
Here are the details:
- The effort sessions will be led by a run leader who have all read the risk assessment and feel that they are able to provide this service.
- Each session will be divided into bubbles, and this will be your training bubble until the guidance is amended.
- Each bubble will be made up of 5 people plus 1 run leader.
- We would like to offer as many bubbles as possible. These bubbles will have at least one female-only bubble (from the ladies Wednesday night) and at least one C25k bubble.
- Each bubble would have a dedicated week and time for training, again depending on take up. Sessions will be run from the lake grounds, on Thursday evenings.
- Anyone signed up to the training will be required to confirm they are fit and well and have read the ‘action plan’. This has been prepared by Matt Palmer, the risk assessment officer for this event, and this will be sent to you in advance.
- Most importantly, if anyone you run with develops symptoms of covid-19 and you are contacted by track and trace, you are expected to self-isolate for 14 days.
We hope you are assured that we have taken this decision carefully and have put the appropriate measures in place. As this is a club organised event you will be allowed to wear club kit.
Please contact Pascal Coulon to register your interest and we will be in touch with further information. Should you have any questions on these training bubbles. Please direct message Alan Jones, via facebook. And he will get back to you.
We appreciate that efforts are not for everyone and so we would like to remind you that you are allowed to run in groups of up to 6 providing you are more than 2m apart for the duration of the run. We ask that you do not wear club kit and that you do not start from the hutch, as these will not constitute an official club night, and please remember that you run at your own risk. Note that if the group happens to have a PRC run leader in it they will not be responsible for you.
The committee will continue to review the latest guidance from England Athletics and will inform you of any updates as they become applicable.
As always, please reach out if you are struggling in any way, the committee are here to help and will do so in the strictness of privacy.
Happy running, and keep safe,
Alan (Chairperson) on behalf of the committee of PRC.