Rest assured, no need to strip off! The idea is to run a 5K without your running watch. Note, check will be undertaken to ensure no cheating. You predict your time and the closest to the estimated time win. Simple enough?
It means that at last, it is not the fastest who win but runners who know how to pace themself! You want to run fast, slow, backward, sideways, on your hands it does not matter! All ability welcomed.
– Arrive with enough time for the briefing (18:45). The race will start at 19:00 on the dote!
– The race course is available here – https://www.strava.com/routes/22087008. It is essentially 3 laps of the lake ground (i..e. esplanade, beach road, lake road).
– Wear reflective clothing (i.e. tabard)
– There is a number of potholes along the course. It would be advisable to have a head torche.
– Hide the main display of your watch
– if running with a smart phone, silicence the phone so that you do not get any update on your speed or pace.
Please nore this race is only openned to PRC members. Runners declare that they will abide by the rules of UK Athletics and of the event. They understand and agree that they participate in the event entirely at their own risk and that the organisers, volunteers, partners & associates will be in no way liable for any loss, injury or death, damage, claim or expense which may arise before, during or after the event regardless of the cause.
Runners must run safely with consideration for others. All Runners agree to the conditions as part of their entry and agree to follow the instructions given by the organisers.